Healthy Start: Wellness Concepts and Behaviors for children aged 3-5
- Contains Curriculum Book, a set of 11 classroom posters and 100 Reward Stickers
- Developed by the nation’s leading experts in nutrition, obesity prevention cardiovascular health, curriculum development, dietary assessment and intervention
- Children discover concepts and practice behaviors through stories, songs, rhymes, art projects and activities
- Development guided in part by the high/scope theory of active learning
Healthy Start helps to ensure that the roots of a healthy lifestyle are planted firmly when it matters most: early childhood. Initially supported by the National Institute of Health, the comprehensive curriculum was the first preschool health education program substantiated by evidenced based research.
Curriculum Topics and Content:
- Healthy Start is a 12 unit curriculum centered on the child, their environment, and their family
- A set of 11 classroom posters
- 100 Reward Stickers
The theories and behaviors children learn through song, story, activities, and fun include:
- Eating for health
- Enjoying active play every day
- Getting along with others
- Feeling good about “me”
- Safety and care of the body
- Saying no to drugs and smoking
- Taking care of the environment
- Staying safe in the sun
Healthy Start Special For Your Students!
For each order of Healthy Start and/or Animal Trackers, receive Healthy Hops, pre-school nutrition and exercise program, a $59.95 value, free as part of our 2016 Preschool Education promotion.