Serve and drink more water and less juices and sweetened beverages in the classroom
Why drink more water?
Water has been called a “miracle fluid” because of all the good things it does for your body:
- Controls body temperature
- Helps with digestion
- Carries nutrients to body cells
- Eliminates waste
- Prevents dehydration
6 TIPS FOR WATER SIPS:
Try your best to do the following— and encourage your students to do the same:
- Drink water between AND with meals.
- Enjoy in fun cups that students can decorate.
- Add a lemon, lime, or orange wedge to water to make it a bit fruity.
- Add sliced cucumber and fresh mint to make it fragrant and fresh.
- If your students like it, offer the fizzy seltzer water or club soda.
- And always keep this in mind:
DRINK WATER INSTEAD OF SUGARY DRINKS