Encourage healthy eating habits.
To help the families of your preschoolers develop healthy eating habits, provide them with these simple messages for healthy eating.
- Provide plenty of vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain products.
- Include low-fat or non-fat milk or dairy products.
- Choose lean meats, poultry, fish, lentils, and beans for protein.
- Serve reasonably-sized portions.
- Encourage your family to drink lots of water.
- Limit sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Limit consumption of sugar and high fat foods that are usually found in packaged snacks, and packaged bakery goods. (CHECK THE LABELS ON THESE PACKAGED FOODS)
For more detail on healthy eating habits for preschoolers go to the CDC government website: